[GE users] Job submission speed through DRMAA api.

Fred L Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 13:03:33 GMT 2005

Here is something that I've noticed, in case it is helpful.

A few weeks ago I was playing with the DRMAA C API on my laptop and I
did notice a 2 second delay when running the simple init/exit example
from http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/drmaa.html

When run via strace, most of the delay was in the two futex syscalls
called from drmaa_init. I have SGE 6.0u1, FC2, 2.6.9, no bdb, qmaster
and execd are all on the same host.

HTH

Cheers
f.