[GE users] Migration of settings

Jose Duarte jose.duarte at human-anatomy.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 15:18:46 GMT 2005

Apologies if the question has been asked before but I couldn't find
anything in the archives.

I am in the process of transferring SGE 6 to a new master host. In the
old master we were using berkeleydb spooling and would like to get rid
of this and go for classic spooling so we can easily have a shadow
master with shared NFS. Everything else from the old setup remains the
same: nodes, queues etc, is just the master and submit hosts that are
changing.

Now my question is, what's the easiest way to achieve this? I suppose if
I had done classic spooling from the beginning the change over would be
just a matter of moving the whole sge directory tree to the new server
but don't really know how to deal with the berkeleydb.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Jose

Jose M. Duarte