[GE users] Issue with upgrade to 6.0u3: inst_sge -bup fails

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Tue Jan 25 10:35:38 GMT 2005

Wilfried,

it looks like your using a bdb spooling server, is this right?
In this case the inst_sge -bup is not working, because the bdb spooling
server is currently not supported.

You must login directly to the spooling server and execute this command:

- login to your bdb rpc server host
- source the settings file
- db_dump -f /tmp/backup.dump -h dbd_home (eg.
/home/grid_f/6.0/muc/spooldb) sge

Now you should have a backup of your database.

After the backup, the inst_sge -updatedb should work without problems.
Please also execute the script on your bdb rpc spooling server

Regards,
Marco