[GE users] Issue with upgrade to 6.0u3: inst_sge -bup fails (fwd)]

Wilfried Gaensheimer wilfried at gaensheimer.de
Tue Jan 25 21:40:33 GMT 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Marco Donauer wrote:
Marco,

> it looks like your using a bdb spooling server, is this right?
yes.

> In this case the inst_sge -bup is not working, because the bdb spooling server
> is currently not supported.
I just followed the install60patch.txt description step by step. The
step "6.1 Backup BDB" fails.

> You must login directly to the spooling server and execute this command:
Currently bdb spooling server and qmaster are the same server.

> - login to your bdb rpc server host
> - source the settings file
> - db_dump -f /tmp/backup.dump -h dbd_home (eg. /home/grid_f/6.0/muc/spooldb)
> sge
O.K., when I try that, db_dump hangs:
lwp_mutex_lock(0xFFFFFFFF7E300000) (sleeping...) ?

I'll continue without a dump (test environment) but before release of
this version to production I would need a proper way for a db-backup.

Bye
Wilfried