[GE users] SunGrid Engine & BLAST

Paul Greidanus paul.greidanus at ualberta.ca
Wed Jan 26 23:21:14 GMT 2005

you need to add the path to the sge lib directory to your
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/llocal/sge/lib/darwin

should do the trick, however, I've had it cause me lots of trouble with
other apps, so you shouldn't do it in your .profile without being
careful about how it behaves, and knowing to remove it if it causes trouble.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/governance.html
| I cannot use qmon on Mac OS X, this is the error which i get:
| dyld: /usr/local/sge/bin/darwin/qmon can't open library:
| libXltree.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
| Trace/BPT trap
|
| I want to use qmon using the "native" x11 which Mac OS X provides.Is
| there a way to make it work or do i have to remove x11 and then
| download xfree86 and then use qmon!!
|
| Thanks in advance.
| Hrishi
|

| On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:25:29 PST, Rayson Ho <raysonho at eseenet.com> wrote:
|
|>Did you read the replies carefully??
|>
|>http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?
|>msgId=23854&listName=users
|>
|>And you can google to get more references on setting up NFS servers on
|>OSX.
|>
|>Rayson
|>

|>>I am following
|>
|>http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/integrating_blast.html
|>
|>>article on how to integrate BLAST on Sun Grid (5.3)
|>>
|>>There is no /etc/exportfs file, and shareall doesn't exist for Macs?!
|>>Could any one tell me which file i should add these lines and how to
|>
|>"shareall"
|>
|>>share -F nfs -o rw=emac21:emac22:emac23:emac24:emac25,ro\
|>>-d "BLAST" /Users/blast/Library/BLAST/
|>>and then as root type:
|>># shareall

- --
Paul Greidanus
CAD Administrator / Systems Administrator
Center of Excellence in Integrated Nanotools	University of Alberta
paul.greidanus at ualberta.ca			780-492-7368
http://www.cein.ualberta.ca