[GE users] Problem with installing SGE 6.3

Chunyan Wang wangch at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed Jan 26 23:37:01 GMT 2005

Hi All,
We had SGE 5.3 before. When we tried to install SGE 6.3 today,we got a
problem. We installed SGE 6.3 by following each percedure in the Sun
documention. We installed on the master host without any problems. We
had a problem when we installed on an execution host. The error message
is below:
(coe01 is the master host, and coe02 is an execution host)
The error message:

coe02:root / > cd $SGE_ROOT
coe02:root / >  qconf -sh
error: could not get environment variable SGE_QMASTER_PORT or service
"sge_qmaster"
coe02:root / >
coe02:root / > echo $SGE_QMASTER_PORT
coe02:root / >

If we checked on coe01 for $SGE_QMASTER_PORT, the result is:
coe01-root /opt/n1ge6 > echo $SGE_QMASTER_PORT

coe01-root /opt/n1ge6 >  qconf -sh
coe01.ucalgary.ca
coe02
coe01-root /opt/n1ge6 >

We don't know what problem is. We did run "settings.csh", and started
SGE on the master host.
Anyone can help me with this problem. What did we miss?

Thanks,

Joyce