[GE users] SunGrid Engine & BLAST

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 04:01:42 GMT 2005

--- Paul Greidanus <paul.greidanus at ualberta.ca> wrote:
> however, I've had it cause me lots of trouble with
> other apps

There are 2 ways around this:

1) use install_name_tool
If you look at the shared library dependency chain:
% otool -L qmon
qmon:
   libXltree.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
   libspoolc.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)

Only libXltree.dylib & libspoolc.dylib do not have an
absolute path, so use install_name_tool to edit the binary:

% install_name_tool -change libXltree.dylib <libXltree.dylib in your SGE dir> qmon
% install_name_tool -change libspoolc.dylib <libspoolc.dylib in your SGE dir> qmon
(those libs are likely in $SGE_ROOT/lib/darwin/)

2) write a wrapper, rename the qmon binary as qmon.real,
and name the wrapper as qmon, and put it in qmon's
directory:

#!/bin/sh

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/sge/lib/darwin
./qmon.real

 -Ron

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250