[GE users] integrating gridengine with lmgrd

Magnus Söderberg magnus.soderberg at switchcore.com
Fri Jan 28 09:49:56 GMT 2005

Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 10:47 -0500, Sean Dilda wrote:
>
>>Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>Then I would suggest that double checking that the script you want to
>>run is on your compute nodes.  As well as logging into the compute nodes
>>and see if the script is running, and check the messages files for the
>>sge_execds to see what they say about it.
>
> oops, the script indeed doesn't run on the executable machines
> (different perl path).
>
> thanx
Unless your licenses are node-locked, it's unnecessary (and probably bad) to run the
loadsensor on all your hosts, you only need to run it on one host. I couldn't really
figure out which execution host to make special (and I really prefer having them
identical, it simplifies administration a lot) so I decided to run it on my master, since
it isn't heavily loaded.
However loadsensors won't run without a queue, so I configured a queue on the master and
disabled so it never runs any jobs, but the loadsensor runs anyway.

regards
--
Magnus Söderberg, M.Sc.E.E.
Staff Engineer