[GE users] Issue with upgrade to 6.0u3: inst_sge -bup fails (fwd)]

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Fri Jan 28 14:20:02 GMT 2005

Wilfried,

the version of Berkeley Db we're currently using has problems with
solaris 64.
So we have decided to use the 32 bit linked berkeley db rpc server,
but db_dump and db_load are still 64 bit binaries.
Using the 32 bit db_dump and db_load makes it work.
Please take the solaris binaries and it will work, I tested it on my machine
The LD_LIBRARY_PATH has to be set to the 32 bit libdb-4.2.so too.

Regards,
Marco

Wilfried Gaensheimer wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Marco Donauer wrote:
> Marco,
>

>>it looks like your using a bdb spooling server, is this right?
>
> yes.
>

>>In this case the inst_sge -bup is not working, because the bdb spooling server
>>is currently not supported.
>
> I just followed the install60patch.txt description step by step. The
> step "6.1 Backup BDB" fails.
>

>>You must login directly to the spooling server and execute this command:
>
> Currently bdb spooling server and qmaster are the same server.
>

>>- login to your bdb rpc server host
>>- source the settings file
>>- db_dump -f /tmp/backup.dump -h dbd_home (eg. /home/grid_f/6.0/muc/spooldb)
>>sge
>
> O.K., when I try that, db_dump hangs:
> lwp_mutex_lock(0xFFFFFFFF7E300000) (sleeping...) ?
>
> I'll continue without a dump (test environment) but before release of
> this version to production I would need a proper way for a db-backup.
>
> Bye
> Wilfried

Marco Donauer            Tel: +49 941 3075-211  (x60211)
Software Engineer        Fax: +49 941 3075-222  (x60222)
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7    mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg       http://www.sun.com/gridware