[GE users] SGE6.0u3 and consumable resources

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Mon Jan 31 13:45:27 GMT 2005

Andrea,

> I think I have found the next little bug in sge6.0u3.
> I have configured a resource
> #name         shortcut   type relop requestable consumable default urgency
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> sw_turbomole  turbomole  INT  <=    YES         YES         0        0
>
> This resource is set to infinity for the global exec host .

does it mean that in the global host you have a setting

    complex_values   sw_turbomole=infinity

and the job is submitted with

    qsub -l sw_turbomole=1 ....

> If I submit a job which requests this resource, the job is not scheduled.
> If I changed this resource to a non consumable ressource, then the job is
> scheduled.

What't the

    qstat -j <jid>

output for that job.

An infinity setting makes no sense for a consumables resource start value
(actually I think it should be forbidden or a warning should be issued), but
since infinity minus one is still infinity I think the job should be
scheduled.

Andy