[GE users] SGE-5.3: How to get Queuename of Running Job?

Erik Soyez soyez at science-computing.de
Wed Mar 2 16:27:07 GMT 2005

Good evening Reuti,

thanks for your reply, but changing to 6.0 is not an option.
Qmon isn't one either, because it's rather hard to read from within a
script.....

What I did now is, well, dirty, but it works for me, because luckily
enough the first 10 bytes of my queuenames are still a unique identifier
though:

  queuelist=`qstat -u $USER | grep $JOB_ID | awk '{print $8}'`
  for cutoffqueue in $queuelist
  do queue=`qconf -sql | awk '/^'"$cutoffqueue"'/ {print $1}'`
  			:
  			:
  			:

Erik.