[GE users] Getting SGE working with Lam-7.1.1 on Mac OS 10.3

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 2 17:21:55 GMT 2005

Hi,

Jeff Deroshia wrote:
> I was able to get lam running fine interactively using ssh.  However,
> it looks like when running through SGE the ssi:boot process is having
> trouble calling back to the originating node.

the -n must be removed in Chris' script and the hboot.c patched - should
be the same on a Mac as on Linux. In around two hours I'm back home and
can send you and the SGE-Team my new Howto for SGE-LAM integration.

IMO in a cluster using qrsh (which is using it's private rshd) is
already safe enough. If you want to use ssh anyway, you have to set up
ssh to be used by SGE first. There's a Howto page for it at sunsource.

Cheers - Reuti