[GE users] SGE-5.3: How to get Queuename of Running Job?

Kirk Patton kpatton at transmeta.com
Wed Mar 2 18:37:19 GMT 2005

There is the option of setting the environment variable
SGE_LONG_QNAMES.  See (man qstat).

The approach I used was to parse the output of qstat -ext -r which will
show the full queue name even without the enviroment variable SGE_LONG_QNAMES
being set.

I have a script that already does this and produces LSF'ish output.  It was
written for 5.3.  I have since ported it over to 6.x and now parse the xml output
that 6.x can return.

If you would like a copy of the script, let me know.

Kirk
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 05:27:07PM +0100, Erik Soyez wrote:
> Good evening Reuti,
>
> thanks for your reply, but changing to 6.0 is not an option.
> Qmon isn't one either, because it's rather hard to read from within a
> script.....
>
> What I did now is, well, dirty, but it works for me, because luckily
> enough the first 10 bytes of my queuenames are still a unique identifier
> though:

>   queuelist=`qstat -u $USER | grep $JOB_ID | awk '{print $8}'`
>   for cutoffqueue in $queuelist
>   do queue=`qconf -sql | awk '/^'"$cutoffqueue"'/ {print $1}'`
>   			:
>   			:
>   			:
>
> Erik.
>

> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Reuti wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I always tried to have really short queue names in SGE 5.3, because it's
> > easier to read. In 5.3 of course you have the problem, that you have to
> > put the machine-identification somehow in these names. This will vanish,
> > if you could change to 6.0, since there you have cluster queues, where
> > you could simply look at the machine name.
> >
> > But anyway: did you tried the qmon interface?
> >
> > Cheers - Reuti
> >
> > Erik Soyez wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I want to know in which queue a job with a given ID runs in.
> > > Simple task, I though, did something like:
> > >
> > >   qstat -u $USER | grep $JOB_ID | awk '{print $8}'
> > >
> > > Well, the queuenames are cut off after 10 Bytes, but I need the FULL
> > > Queuename.  Any simple solution?!
> > >
> > > Thanks, Erik.
> > >
> > > --
>
> --