[GE users] No free slots for interactive job # !

Kamlesh Singh kamleshsinghus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 02:05:00 GMT 2005

Hi !!!
Thanks for responding...

our current command line in the script is
exec qrsh  -N "Compile" -now n -l "a=lx24-x86" $argv[1-]

 qsub -sync y -p -1 -N "Simulation" -o $outdir/ge_output_simulate -e
$outdir/g e_error_simulate  -S /bin/sh -l "a=lx24-x86"  $argv[2-]

I'm new to GRID, actually we needed some equivalent of "bsub -K"  in
Platform LSF which we are using for many years.

How about if we just use
exec qrsh  -N "Compile" -now n  -noshell  -l "a=lx24-x86" $argv[1-]
 exec qrsh -now no -N Simulation  -l "a=lx24-x86" -noshell $argv[1-]

 will this also be resource intensive & will affect GRID performance.
We expect to run aprox 200 jobs simultenously.
the only problem with qrsh  is it does not like the -o -e switches to
redirect the output, but we can live with that for performance gain in
GRID.
By the way where do I configure the settings for the increase in "event clients"
Please let me kow.
Thanks
Regards