[GE users] How to Request a Number of Empty Nodes?

Thu Mar 3 16:36:16 GMT 2005

Hello Peter,

one can do it, but it is not straight forward.
One has to configure slots on the host level for every host.
Configure "-slots" as a load-formula with qconf -msconf.

If you configure "-slots", the scheduler will pick empty hosts
first, and than the least loaded. If you configure "slots" it
will pick the loaded machines first and fill up the others later.

Cheers,
Stephan