[GE users] Default stack size

Brian R Smith brian at cypher.acomp.usf.edu
Fri Mar 4 02:53:12 GMT 2005

To all:

Due to some problems with a certain application, I had to investigate
some differences between the execution environment provided by SGE
during a job run and running executables directly through the shell.  I
noticed that under SGE, the default stack size is set to unlimited and
that this has been causing a number of problems with some of my
applications.  I can manually add the line

ulimit -s 10240

to my submit scripts, but I'd like to make life easier for my users and
have this set by default.  Can anyone tell me what I have to do to
accomplish this and tell me if it is normal for the stack size under SGE
to be set to 'unlimited'?

Thanks

Brian Smith