[GE users] qmake/qrsh "root" in environment

Marcel Birthelmer marcel at carrietech.com
Sat Mar 5 00:08:57 GMT 2005

Hi all,
In connecting to different machines using qrsh or qmake (with a fairly default
setup) in SGE 6.0, I get the following error:
bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied
This is due to the BASH_ENV variable being set to that path on the execution
host. However, I'm not submitting this job as root, so what would cause the
variables to become set this way? Other variables that are affected are MAIL,
USERNAME and SGE_O_MAIL.
Any idea what I can do to fix this?
- Marcel