[GE users] qmake/qrsh "root" in environment

Marcel Birthelmer marcel at carrietech.com
Sat Mar 5 00:39:52 GMT 2005

Rayson Ho wrote:
> Did you simply run qrsh without any arguments?? Can you try "qrsh
> -verbose"??

Generally I ran a 'qmake' makefile that simply runs "set > `hostname`", with the
following commandline
qmake -cwd -v PATH -pe make 3 -- -j3 envtest
(the -j3 and '3' are probably irrelevant as it's just a single line). I've
noticed the error message with pretty much any invocation.

[marcelb at sierra marcelb]$ qrsh -verbose
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
Your interactive job 37 has been successfully scheduled.
Establishing /sge/utilbin/lx24-x86/rlogin session to host malina.berkeley-da.com ...
rcmd: malina.berkeley-da.com: short read/sge/utilbin/lx24-x86/rlogin exited with
exit code 1
[marcelb at sierra marcelb]$

> Also, what OS are you running on the execution/submission hosts??
All of them are some version of redhat on 2.4.*. One Redhat Enterprise Server 3,
a few Fedora Core 1.

> Lastly, are you using 6.0 or 6.0 with update (update 3 is the current
> version)...
According to qmon, 6.0u3

> Rayson

Thanks,