[GE users] Question about MPICH and SGE under Rocks

David Farrell d-farrell2 at northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 7 22:59:27 GMT 2005

I am running a cluster which is using MPICH 1.2.6 and SGE. We have run
into some rather annoying issues do to dangling shared memory segments
and semaphores(cleanipcs is getting annoying as well). I know that it
is possible to reduce these by disabling shared memory support but I
have 2 rather newbie questions:

1) Is is possible to disable shared memory support without recompiling
MPICH? say like a command line flag to mpirun
2) What do I need to do in order to be able to recompile MPICH and
install it as rocks expects? A step-by-step guide would be helpful. I
plan on keeping the originals (shared memory support enabled) around as
well, since some users do not have any issues and the performance is
better.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

David E. Farrell