[GE users] Question about MPICH and SGE under Rocks

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Mon Mar 7 23:41:50 GMT 2005

>1) Is is possible to disable shared memory support without recompiling
>MPICH? say like a command line flag to mpirun

This is rather an MPICH question...

>2) What do I need to do in order to be able to recompile MPICH and
>install it as rocks expects? A step-by-step guide would be helpful. I
>plan on keeping the originals (shared memory support enabled) around as
>well, since some users do not have any issues and the performance is
>better.

AFAIK, if you patch MPICH and recompile, then you can simply copy the MPICH
library and put it in the default location (ie. overwrite the old
library).

And if you don't want to recompile MPICH, then you can see whether you like
Reuti's "proof of concept" or not...

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?
msgId=24717&listName=users

(He sent it out almost a month ago, and that thread was started by you...
we can't offer any help if we don't get any response.)

Rayson