[GE users] Default stack size

Thiep Duong tduong at necelam.com
Tue Mar 8 00:07:20 GMT 2005

Hi Ron,

I did similar thng in the past, setting
h_stack size from INFINITY to somethign else.
problem is that once you do that, user cannot change
the default stacksize to something else.  When they
do that with command "limit stacksize 8194" they will
get an error.  Ex:

qconf -mq optlinux1.q
change
h_stack              1024

optlinux1{duong}75: limit
cputime         unlimited
filesize        unlimited
datasize        unlimited
stacksize       1024 kbytes
coredumpsize    0 kbytes
memoryuse       unlimited
vmemoryuse      unlimited
descriptors     1024
memorylocked    4 kbytes
maxproc         131072
optlinux1{duong}76: limit stacksize 8194
limit: stacksize: Can't set limit

You got to leave it INFINITY and have user to add the
limit stacksize 1024 or whatever set in the script
or individual environment.

Thiep

Thiep