[GE users] Default stack size

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 8 00:28:31 GMT 2005

this is the behavior of the limits: although a user may lower the hard limit
(to the current soft limit), only root may raise the hard limit again. And the
soft limit can be changed again from 0 up to the last set hard limit as often
as you like (who ever set the hard limit). IMO your example is working as it
should: Enforce a hard limit of 1024K, a following soft limit of 8192K isn't
allowed.

What about setting only a soft limit for the queue? - Reuti