[GE users] Question about MPICH and SGE under Rocks

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 00:40:29 GMT 2005

--- Rayson Ho <raysonho at eseenet.com> wrote:
> And if you don't want to recompile MPICH, then you
> can see whether you like
> Reuti's "proof of concept" or not...
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?
> msgId=24717&listName=users
>
> (He sent it out almost a month ago, and that thread
> was started by you...
> we can't offer any help if we don't get any
> response.)

To be fair, the "proof of copcept" is not ready for
production use:

1) if more than 1 job runs on the node, then the log
file would be overriden. So we need to add the job ID
as part of the name of the logfile.

2) I am not sure if it is fine or not to dlopen the
same shared library many times. May be it's better to
do the init part once.

Also, if we can get Reuti's code into MPICH, then we
don't need to do the LD_PRELOAD thing. And it would
also help Torque/PBS/LSF/Slrum/Condor to keep track of
shared mem segments and clean up as well.

But yes, I also agreed that if we don't get any
feedback from users, then we don't know how to go
forward with the specific problem.

 -Ron

> Rayson
>

> >Thanks in advance,