[GE users] SGE output file permissions

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 8 12:57:35 GMT 2005

Depending on your final workflow, but just as an idea: when you use the
-e/-o anyway, what about including/append the $USER there, as it's
supported by qsub for -e/-o? Side effect is a documentation, who created
this output.

In your job script you could then create a symbolic link with the name
without the username [as you want to have it finally, and for which you
can set different permissions on your own as you like] pointing to the
last created version. So, you could continue to copy the resulting files
to anywhere else or backup them by using the filename without the
user-suffix. - Reuti