[GE users] Survey on Grid Fault Treatment

Alexandre Nóbrega Duarte / Projeto Ourgrid - Proj. Ourgrid alex at dsc.ufcg.edu.br
Tue Mar 8 21:34:06 GMT 2005

Hello! My name is Alexandre Nóbrega Duarte. I am a Ph.D. student at the
Universidade Federal de Campina Grande, Brazil, under the supervision of
Prof. Walfredo Cirne and Prof. Francisco Vilar Brasileiro. We're
investigating failures on Grids and since Grids are more complex than
tradictional systems, failures may be tougher to identify and correct.

We conducted a survey two years ago to understand how people was dealing
with failures in Grids and what was they main concerns about it. You can
find the previous results here
<http://ourgrid.lsd.ufcg.edu.br/ourgrid-noticias/publications/arquivos/faults_in_grids.ps>.

Also, we have developed an open source tool called GridDoctor for
diagnosing faults in grids based on the survey results. This tool was
embedded in a grid broker called MyGrid. See http://www.ourgrid.org for
more information. There is also a beta version able to diagnose faults
in the Globus GRAM service.

Now, we are trying to identify how grid failure treatment has evolved in
the last two years. To do so, we?ve devised this simple questionnaire
<http://www.lsd.ufcg.edu.br/%7Ealex/survey/index.html>.
If you are a Grid user, developer or administrator, please respond to
our survey. We need your help to capture the actual experience from
those who effectively use Grids. It won't take more than a minute. (It's
only 7 multiple-choice questions :-))

Of course, answers will be taken anonymously. If you are interested on
the results of this research, feel free to contact me at
alex at dsc.ufcg.edu.br <mailto:alex at dsc.ufcg.edu.br>.

Thanks a lot!!!
Alexandre :-)