[GE users] Migrating jobs after submission

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 9 22:04:00 GMT 2005

when the users submitted with a "qsub -q myqueue ...", you can change this
request with:

qalter -q newqueue <jobid>

This will not alter any of the other setings of the job, but is only possible
before the job started. A complete new "qresub <jobid>" will indeed change the
owner.

Cheers - Reuti

PS: For a requested "-l hostname=blabla" you can also use

qalter -l "hostname=newhost" <jobid>

but be sure to include also the other entries the user requested with -l. I
usually make a "qstat -j <jobid>", copy the hard resource_list and issue the
qalter with a pasted and modified -l request.