[GE users] Grid Installation for firs time

Walter Faleiro walter at marfic.com
Thu Mar 10 15:12:10 GMT 2005

Hello Grid Users,
I am trying to  install Grid 6.0u3 on two linux machines. I have followed the following procedure.

Untar the grid-common and grid-bin files.

add sge_qmaster 536/tcp
    sge_execd 537/tcp

to the services file.

 install_qmaster and install_execd scripts.

My machine is configured for queue master, administrative host, execute host and submit hosts.

I need some help in installing the install_execd on the other machine. when i run the script it exits saying quemaster intsallation is not done. Do i need to install the quemaster on the execution hosts as well. I followed the documentation on the sun docs, and nowhere it mentions installing the Queuemaster on the execution hosts.

Thanks Walter.

-----Original
[Walter Faleiro]
  Message-----