[GE users] sge v6.0u3 new installation issue with more than 1021 hosts.

McCalla, Mac macmccalla at hess.com
Thu Mar 10 15:36:44 GMT 2005

> I assume you run the qmaster as root...
Yes.

>Can you set the "descriptors" limit to something large, for both the
soft
>and hard limit, and then start qmaster from the interactive session??
Yes, although I thought 4096 was "large" considering the recommendation
of something
like number of hosts + number of dynamic connections + 20 i found in the
archives....8~).

ulimit -Hn 32759; ulimit -Sn 32759 .
Startup successful..  qmaster msg |I|qmaster will use max.32739 file
descriptors for communication.

results are same.........8~(

mac