[GE users] Grid Installation for firs time

Walter Faleiro walter at marfic.com
Thu Mar 10 20:54:04 GMT 2005

Hi Rayson,
I setup NFS on the Linux server. the /etc/exports file shows
/home (ro)
/opg/sge (rw)

I have installed the quemaster in this directory. Now when I run the install_execd script it exits saying there is no qmaster daemon running. Now i tried installing the master daemon on this machine with teh SGE_ROOT as 172.16.20.51:/opt/sge. Over here its gives me a error

Dumping bootstrapping information
Initializing spooling database
error: incorrect paths given for common and/or spool directory
error: error creating a "classic" spooling context
critical error: cannot create spooling context

Command failed: ./utilbin/lx24-x86/spoolinit classic libspoolc
172.16.20.51:/opt/sge/default/common;172.16.20.51:/opt/sge/default/spool/qmaster
init

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running

As far as I have understood Grid, I donot think its necessary to install the queuemaster on the execution hosts. Can anyone update me on this.

Thanks and Regards
Walter