[GE users] sge v6.0u3 new installation issue with more than 1021 hosts.

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 17:17:20 GMT 2005

--- "McCalla, Mac" <macmccalla at hess.com> wrote:
> so production will stay with v53p6 for the next
> few days while we decide what to do.

Yup, SGE 5.3p6 is quite stable.

> I will let you know what happens with v60u3.

Just curious, how many hosts are you planning to have
in one cluster?

SGE 5.3 will not scale as good as SGE 6, and I think
we do have select() calls in SGE 5.3, so the limited
FE_SETSIZE problem still exists. And changing one
queue setting in SGE 5.3 means changing each host's
queue. SGE 6 is better with cluster queues. So I think
the eventual goal is to migrate to SGE 6.

 -Ron