[GE users] How to find SGE default PATH

Chunyan Wang wangch at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri Mar 11 22:39:35 GMT 2005

Thanks,
My problem is:
On my sge master host A, I want to submit a job to run on an execution
host B, C, D, or E. I have a job script called

sge-job.sh, and I use "qsub sge-job.sh" to submit this job. In sge-job.sh file, It calls another script blast.sh which is the script to run a Blast job on the host whatever SGE selects. On execution host, I have a blast.sh for the Blast job. Therefore, I want to find the default PATH for putting the blash.sh in each execution host. So when SGE select host C to run sge-job.sh, then will automaticlly execute the blast.sh on host C without specify the full path of blast.sh in sge-job.sh file. and SGE will find it where is the blast.sh on host C and run it. This job will be run as "apachebody" which doesn't have a shell on these host B, C, D, and E. so I can not define the path in .cshrc file.

Thanks,

joyce