[GE users] How to find SGE default PATH

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 00:41:42 GMT 2005

--- Kamlesh Singh <kamleshsinghus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to pass the prolog variable but some how Job
> starter does not recreate the PATH as it run in a
new
> shell b'se of #!/bin/csh

Make sure you understand the different between prolog
and the job starter.

The prolog is executed before the job is started. When
prolog finishes execution, the shepherd starts the
job.

 shepherd ->prolog
 shepherd ->job

Job starter (or the starter method) is executed by the
shepherd, and the job is supposed to be started the
starter method.

 shepherd ->job starter -> job

Since you can pass the environment only from parent to
child, you need a real starter method to start the
job, not the prolog.

 -Ron