[GE users] qmon segmentation error

Andre Alefeld Andre.Alefeld at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 14 11:19:50 GMT 2005

Hi Michael,

did you have a look at Issue 1332.
The precompiled binaries require this to be usable.

The alternative is of course to compile qmon yourself for your special
Motif version. Sorry but we can't ship qmon for every Linux flavor and
1332 describes a way how to fix the problem.

Andre

Michael Coffman wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Andre Alefeld wrote:
>
>> Michael,
>>
>> this sounds to me like incompatible shared Motif libraries. Are you
>> using lesstif
>> instead of openmotif ?
>> % rpm -qa | grep motif
>>
>> The qmon courtesy binaries are not working correctly with lesstif.
>>
>> Another issue are incompatibilities between different openmotif
>> versions, see
>> Issuezilla nr: 1093 and 1332
>

> The grid server itself is running lestif, the system that qmond is
> displaying to is running openmotif-2.2.3.
>

>> Andre
>>
>> Michael Coffman wrote:
>>

>>> I am a long time user of SGE (5.3) and am in the process of trying to
>>> get
>>> a newer version installed and running.  I have downloaded and installed
>>> version 6.0u3  onto a RH7.2 system kernel is 2.4.20-20.7smp and glibc
>>> is 2.2.4-33.  I know, old.   It was just available so I thought I would
>>> download, install and play around.
>>>
>>> Every thing seems to install ok and commands seem to work fine.
>>> However,
>>> when I try and run qmon I have problems.  The initial interface comes
>>> up fine, but when I try to click any of the buttons, or select anything
>>> from one of the pulldowns, I get:
>>>
>>>   Segmentation fault
>>>
>>> and the gui goes away :(
>>>
>>> Any clues or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Andre Alefeld                Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-255
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: andre.alefeld at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid