[GE users] Using qstat to determine which nodes are available

Marconnet, James E Mr /Computer Sciences Corporation james.marconnet at smdc.army.mil
Mon Mar 14 22:34:28 GMT 2005

Anyone know of an easy way using qstat and perhaps some extra magic like
grep to identify:

(1) What all nodes exist (without showing duplicates when you have several
different ques set up that use the same nodes)

And/or

(2) What nodes are not doing anything right now

I've been doing this either manually by scanning down the list from qstat
and then writing with pen on paper, or else by sending qstat output into a >
file and then using Excel to sort the file.

There must be an easier way, but so far I'm scratching my head looking for
it.

Thanks!
Jim Marconnet