[GE users] Job ID Roll over (was: fatal error, run database recovery)

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 02:37:53 GMT 2005

The value (MAX_SEQNUM) seems to be configurable at
compile time, I will play with it a bit and see if
increasing it would break anything or not :)

It used to be 999,999 but was increased 10 times to
9,999,999, and in theory the code supports 2^32 but it
was limited to the current value due to performance
reason:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgId=1059

Many large sites are now using DBD spooling in order
to keep up the I/O requirements, to them 10M is a very
small number. May be for DBD sites we need a larger
value for MAX_SEQNUM.

 -Ron