[GE users] Selection of number of CPU on an individual host basis

Timothy Bateman timb at cisra.canon.com.au
Tue Mar 15 05:11:17 GMT 2005

Hi,

	I desire 9 CPUs in one queue distributed like this:

4 x 2 CPU on 4 SMP machines
1 x 1 CPU on an SMP machine, which is my desktop. Hostname "fred"

How do I set it so only one CPU is used on fred at a time by GE ?

I found this in the mailing list archive:

> Use "qconf -mq all.q", or substitute whatever you named your
> queue or queues for "all.q".  Edit the "slots" field.

But this seems to be a queue wide selection ?

Thanks,

Tim