[GE users] fatal error, run database recovery

Joachim Gabler Joachim.Gabler at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 15 08:53:54 GMT 2005

Ron Chen schrieb:

>I don't know much about BDB, but looking at the
>documentation, there are a few nice utilities:
>
>http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/utility/
>
>May be we should call db_verify if an unclean shutdown
>of the qmaster occured.

When qmaster is opening the database, a verification and (if necessary)
recovery of the database should be done. I'll check the code if this is
really done correctly.

But we certainly should consider bundling db_verify and db_recover for
manual check/recovery.

   Joachim