[GE users] Selection of number of CPU on an individual host basis

Tue Mar 15 10:40:20 GMT 2005

Timothy Bateman wrote:

>Hi,
>
>	I desire 9 CPUs in one queue distributed like this:
>
>4 x 2 CPU on 4 SMP machines
>1 x 1 CPU on an SMP machine, which is my desktop. Hostname "fred"
>
>How do I set it so only one CPU is used on fred at a time by GE ?
>
>I found this in the mailing list archive:
>

>>Use "qconf -mq all.q", or substitute whatever you named your
>>queue or queues for "all.q".  Edit the "slots" field.
>>

>But this seems to be a queue wide selection ?

It depends on how you specify the number of slots. If you do it like this:
slots 2,[my_host=1]

All queue instances will have 2 slots except the one on my_host. It will
only have 1 slot.

Hope it helps,
Stephan