[GE users] fatal error, run database recovery

Fred L Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 10:51:49 GMT 2005

Jo,
I just had a play with 'sge_inst -bup', it appears that it is written
for bdb spooling, I got 'db_dump not found ...' error and it crashed out
:-( Although it takes backup copies of the main files in common/, it
misses out the files in spool/qmaster/, i.e. all the classic config
stuff. If an enhancement for classic spooling is not already in progress
I can create an RFE.

Craig,
A few years ago I wrote a simple shell script that did what you are
suggesting. It was never used for recovery, but it did prove useful when
we wanted to see what had changed during a given period (the script
would run 4 times a day and tar up the results.) BTW, there are also
objects which do not fit the -sXl pattern, e.g. -ssconf -sstree, which
would also need to be taken care of.

Cheers
f.