[GE users] SGE-6.0u3: More than 1 loadsensor allowed?

jeroen.m.kleijer at philips.com jeroen.m.kleijer at philips.com
Tue Mar 15 12:46:51 GMT 2005

Hi Erik,

This is off-topic but from your mail I gather you use both Abaqus and
StarCD, products we use here as well.
I've been busy trying to get Abaqus use tight integration with LAM and so
far it's been a PITA. It _really_ wants to start its own LAM universe
(i.e. start mpiexec -machinefile) so I had to resort to writing a wrapper
script which filters this out and only does the mpirun command.
It does run but only with LAM 7.0.4. If I use a different version of LAM,
it won't find the (alread started) LAM universe.
However, if I start the application normally (don't submit it to a queue
with SGE and starting a LAM parallel environment) it doesn't matter if I
use LAM 7.1.1 or what not.
How did you configure Abaqus? Do you submit it to a queue with the
Abaqus_v6.env file and if so, how do you manage which resources/hosts it
can use?

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards

Jeroen Kleijer
Unix Systeembeheer