[GE users] Allocating CPUs team wise

Nitin Raina nr at fluent.co.in
Wed Mar 16 05:12:34 GMT 2005

Hello All,

We are using SGE 6.0 for submitting serial and parallel jobs across our
cluster. This cluster is used by various teams .We have two queues
created which has set of users bound with it who can run jobs on the
respective queues.

Further to this arrangement we are thinking of a way by which we can
merge both the queues and in return create a arrangement where we can
allot CPUs team wise.

We would like to have let say 10 CPUs dedicated to Team A, 8 CPUS
dedicated to Team B and so on..

Is that possible? If yes then can we have this arrangement in a dynamic
way by which I can reduce and increase the count of CPUs as per the need
arises.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nitin