[GE users] qmon segmentation error

Timo Viitanen Timo.Viitanen at csc.fi
Wed Mar 16 14:10:54 GMT 2005

Michael Coffman wrote:

> I am a long time user of SGE (5.3) and am in the process of trying to get
> a newer version installed and running.  I have downloaded and installed
> version 6.0u3  onto a RH7.2 system kernel is 2.4.20-20.7smp and glibc
> is 2.2.4-33.  I know, old.   It was just available so I thought I would
> download, install and play around.
>
> Every thing seems to install ok and commands seem to work fine.  However,
> when I try and run qmon I have problems.  The initial interface comes
> up fine, but when I try to click any of the buttons, or select anything
> from one of the pulldowns, I get:
>
>   Segmentation fault
>
> and the gui goes away :(
>
> Any clues or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

We had the same problem with SGE6.0uX on solaris9 machines and trying
to get qmon to redhat linux boxes. Our local office machine support
group got it fixed by reducing the number of colors on the local linux
desktop. Also we found out that the 32bit version of the qmon worked
fine withour changes so we made that the default qmon for the users.

/Timo

--
Timo Viitanen, järjestelmäasiantuntija, Laskentapalvelimet
CSC, Tekniikantie 15aD, PL 405, 02101 Espoo
Timo.Viitanen at csc.fi