[GE users] Moving mysql database folder entangles system

Joachim Gabler Joachim.Gabler at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 16 15:34:22 GMT 2005

Ron Chen wrote:

>--- jeroen.m.kleijer at philips.com wrote:
>

>>Do you mean the commercial version of SGE (N1GE)
>>that is capable of SQL spooling?
>>

>This is because most sites are already OK with BDB, so
>it is not shipped.
>
>With larger I/O requirements, SQL spooling may be
>needed, download the source and see:
>
>source/libs/spool/
>source/libs/spool/postgres/
>
>Note that it is not a supported method, but in the
>future may be enabled. Hmm, how about an IBM power5
>system with 3M TPC-C transactions per minutes as the
>spooling backend?

It is not only "not supported", but not complete and by now probably no
longer working.
It was possible to start a qmaster with PostgreSQL spooling during the
6.0 development, but some objects (IIRC sharetree) were not yet spooled.

The code is still there, so it should be possible to revive it and add
the missing pieces.

   Joachim

>  :)
>
> -Ron
>

>>Because I haven't seen anything yet besides the
>>classical and the
>>BerkeleyDB spooling.
>>
>>Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards
>>
>>Jeroen Kleijer
>>Unix Systeembeheer
>>Philips Applied Technologies
>>

>>Ron Chen <ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com>
>>Please respond to users
>>
>>        To:     users at gridengine.sunsource.net
>>        cc:     (bcc: Jeroen M.
>>Kleijer/EHV/CFT/PHILIPS)
>>        Subject:        Re: [GE users] Moving mysql
>>database folder
>>entangles system
>>        Classification:
>>

>>I guess you should be able to get better answers
>>from
>>the Rocks-Discuss mailing list.
>>
>>SGE6 can use SQL as a spooling method but I don't
>>think the version shipped with Rocks (SGE 5.3) has
>>anything to do with mysql.
>>
>> -Ron
>>
>>--- Wim Glassee <wim.glassee at ua.ac.be> wrote:
>>

>>>I moved my mysql folder to an other partition, the
>>>/var partition became
>>>too small.
>>>Unfortunately, I'm now unable to add users or
>>>

>>enter
>>

>>>the administration
>>>pages of the cluster.
>>>Any idea where I can change where rocks goes
>>>

>>looking
>>

>>>for it's db?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>wim

>>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>>users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

>>Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.
>>
>>http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

Joachim Gabler          Tel: +49 941 3075-233 (x60233)
Sun Microsystems GmbH   Fax: +49 941 3075-222 (x60222)
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	mailto:joga at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg      http://www.sun.de