[GE users] parallel setup question

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at email.unc.edu
Wed Mar 16 17:41:31 GMT 2005

Hello folks,
   I've a question regarding using the parallel queue in gridengine (6.0)
on OS X 1-0.3.  I seem to have a default parallel queue:

qconf -spl
make

qconf -sp make
pe_name           make
slots             999
user_lists        NONE
xuser_lists       NONE
start_proc_args   NONE
stop_proc_args    NONE
allocation_rule   $round_robin
control_slaves    TRUE
job_is_first_task FALSE
urgency_slots     min

however, following the instructions in Chapter 10, MAnaging Parallel
Environments (SUN doc 816-4739-11, specifically the PE Startup
procedures) I've run into a conceptual problem.  Apparantly, I need to
build some binaries, but the libraries required for this are missing:

bp01:~ root#  cd $SGE_ROOT
bp01:/usr/local/sge root# export PVM_ROOT=$SGE_ROOT/pvm
bp01:/usr/local/sge root# export PVM_ARCH=darwin
bp01:/usr/local/sge root# cd $PVM_ROOT
bp01:/usr/local/sge/pvm root# cd src
bp01:/usr/local/sge/pvm/src root# ./aimk
your PVM_ROOT=/usr/local/sge/pvm or PVM_ARCH=darwin directory doesn't
exist

which is ture, there is no /usr/local/sge/pvm/lib directory.  Was this a
result of a mis-configuration during my iniital compile of gridengine?

Any helps appreciated,

Paul Mitchell
	Paul Mitchell
	email: pmitchel at email.unc.edu
	phone: (919) 962-9778
	office: I have an office, room 14, Phillips Hall