[GE users] parallel setup question

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at email.unc.edu
Wed Mar 16 18:00:24 GMT 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Rayson Ho wrote:

> >bp01:/usr/local/sge root# export PVM_ROOT=$SGE_ROOT/pvm
> >your PVM_ROOT=/usr/local/sge/pvm or PVM_ARCH=darwin directory doesn't
> >exist
>
> You need to download/install PVM, it is not included in SGE:
> http://www.csm.ornl.gov/pvm/pvm_home.html
>
> But, if you don't know what PVM is, I guess you should start with MPI
> instead.

Thank you, Rayson. I figured that out, unfortunately, immediately after I
sent my post!  I have a compiled MPICH2 if that helps (though I've got
conceptual errors trying to invoke this as well, since my home directory
is in AFS, the .mpd.conf file seems unreadable across platforms).  Will I
run into similar problems with straight MPI?

Paul

	Paul Mitchell
	email: pmitchel at email.unc.edu
	phone: (919) 962-9778
	office: I have an office, room 14, Phillips Hall