[GE users] parallel setup question

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 18:11:24 GMT 2005

--- Paul Mitchell <pmitchel at email.unc.edu> wrote:
> I've got
> conceptual errors trying to invoke this as well,
> since my home directory
> is in AFS, the .mpd.conf file seems unreadable
> across platforms).  Will I
> run into similar problems with straight MPI?

Most likely you will run into problems running jobs
(inside or outside SGE) if your file system is on AFS
but your applications are not AFS aware. You can,
however, use SGE to do the AFS token renew. (but I
don't use AFS at all so don't count me on this.)

However, take a look at this:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgId=24648

May be eventually we can clean it up and release an
AFS HOWTO.

 -Ron