[GE users] Allocating CPUs team wise

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Wed Mar 16 19:44:16 GMT 2005

>And hiring an expert is out of the question.

You can commercial support instead of hiring an expert... or is that also
out of the question :)

> I keep thinking that someone here will suggest a good book, but that has
> not happened so far. SGE Administration for Dummies??

Good idea!! May be someone should contact the publisher about this, since
managing an SGE cluster is not just point & click... and, I guess there are
many for Dummies books on Windows.

The book should include things like:
- basic unix admin: beginners don't even know things like: TCP ports,
uid/gid,
  user setup
- intro to hardware: network card, cable, switches
- SGE install (*step by step*, with very detail on what can go wrong at
each
  step)
- SGE admin: logs analysis, application integration, accounting
- advanced admin: sharetree, max user setup
- advanced setup: MPI, license control, multi-site
- SGE source code: how to compile, basic source tree directory structure

more?

Rayson