[GE users] Allocating CPUs team wise

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 16 20:54:54 GMT 2005

What about:

- Checkpointing
- Custom Startup and Termination methods
- Instead of just MPI maybe Parallel Setup in general and, well - which of them
- as two or three examples for integration:
  MPICH
  MPICH2 (4 or more methods for operation)
  LAM/MPI
  PVM
  Linda
  OpenMP
  OpenMPI
  CHARM++
  GlobalArrays

Appendix A

- Enhancing and tuning SGE output to your custom needs with awk

And I would suggest to move the chapters:

- basic unix admin: beginners don't even know things like: TCP ports, uid/gid,
user setup
- intro to hardware: network card, cable, switches

also: RSH, SSH, NIS, NFS and (expert section) PVFS2 for special applications
with the need for fast shared scratch space?

to an Appendix B. I hate these books (okay, personal opinion), which start at
the fundamental things I already know, when I'm interested in the topics only.
A book about SGE should start with some short introduction pages to batch
queuing in general and go straight ahead with the installation of SGE.

Cheers - Reuti