[GE users] Batch jobs claiming unused cycles in a mainly interactive job cluster?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 16 22:09:21 GMT 2005

I'd suggest to give the batch queue a priority (i.e. nice value) of 19 and
leave the interactive queue at 0. Maybe this is already nive enough for
interactive work - just test it.

Remember to set "reprioritize false" in the global config and the
"reprioritize_interval 0:0:0" in schduler conf in case you use SGEEE 5.3 or
6.0.

Cu - Reuti