[GE users] integrating matlab distributed computing engine

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Wed Mar 16 22:55:09 GMT 2005

> In DCE,
> matlab worker processes execute tasks submitted by users. However,
> either the workers are run as a fixed user, and do work on behalf
> of multiple users, or users can launch workers reserved for
> themselves as needed.

After reading your mail and visiting the Mathswork site, I am still no
clear how things work in the distributed computing engine.

You need to explain how MDCE works since not everyone here has access to
Matlab.

Does MDCE need to be started as root??

"locks workers to users" - what does this mean?

Rayson

 The former is more convenient and efficient, and one will never